In the latest SWS survey Customs tops list of most corrupt Philippine agencies again.
Just reeling from a recent controversy over its policy on the random inspection of balikbayan boxes, it seems the Bureau of Customs (BoC) faces another challenge after it was revealed as the most corrupt government agency on Thursday (August 27), according to a Social Weather Stations (SWS) survey of businessmen.
Five government agencies, on the other hand, received a “poor” rating with a score ranging from -10 to -29:
1. Land Transportation Office: Poor, -26 (Bad, -32 in 2013)
2. House of Representatives: Poor, -25 (Poor, -28 in 2013)
3. Department of Public Works and Highways: Poor, -21 (Poor, -22 in 2013)
4. Philippine National Police: Poor, -16 (Poor, -24 in 2013)
5. Department of Agriculture: Poor, -10 (Poor, -19 in 2013)